Resurecting my very ol MS DOS MAME Arcade machine

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Resurecting my very ol MS DOS MAME Arcade machine

Postby PaullyM » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi All

I am tearing out what little hair I have left on my bald head trying to get my 18 year old cocktail gaming table up and running again.

It was in storage for 6 years and when we fired it up the hard drive died - I dont have a backup of MAME or the ROM set but it was around 60 of the classic games like pacman, space invaders, galaxian etc and the MAME version I think was from around 2004. My machine uses the first version IPAC controller board and was running an MS DOS emulator.

I would be so very grateful if someone can tell me what I need to do to get this loaded onto another hard drive and installed/setup as my son has friends coming over tomorrow for his 13th Birthday and this was going to be an added attraction (or distraction) from the playstation for them.

Many thanks in advance.

Paully
Perth Western Australia :freakout:
PaullyM
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Re: Resurecting my very ol MS DOS MAME Arcade machine

Postby Dragon Mech » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:13 am

Hi PaullyM.

Sadly, i don't know much about arcade systems or emulating them. but since you're in a rush (and i hate leaving posts like this one unanswered) this is the best advice i can give at the moment.
if you have a spare hard drive that is compatible with the hardware in the machine, then you can try to rebuild your emulation software setup. we should have everything you need to help you on our main site.

i wish i could be of more help to you.
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Return to Support with Emulators