Really Need Some Help

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Really Need Some Help

Postby mrlukesmith » Tue May 06, 2014 6:22 am

I'm an experienced "emulator" and I have been very successful in emulating the Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64 on my Kindle Fire Hd. I also have iFrotz so I can play text adventures.

I can't figure out Mame which I have always used on PCs. I have imame4all's latest version, I downloaded Pacman from the two romsets here that are for Androids.... and I always get the "files missing" dialogue.

Can someone tell me the best emulator version and romset to use on my second generation Kindle Fire Hd?

I donated $10 and I posted my question in the correct forum but I have yet to find my solution.

Please help. I have an icade and I want to get imame working on my Kindle Fire Hd.
mrlukesmith
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 10

Fav System: Super Nintendo

Re: Really Need Some Help

Postby PMJPlay » Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 am

Have you downloaded the parent rom of Pacman? PuckMan (Japan set 1) would needed to play all variants of Pacman...
As for an emulator for Android, depends on what games you wish to play and how powerful your device is...
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator
Next LVL Up at : 1250

Postby mrlukesmith » Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 am

Alzabo wrote:Have you downloaded the parent rom of Pacman? PuckMan (Japan set 1) would needed to play all variants of Pacman...
As for an emulator for Android, depends on what games you wish to play and how powerful your device is...

You solved my problem, much appreciated. I had always downloaded roms by the thousands before. This was the first time I downloaded just one. I didn't know it needed another rom to work. Thanks alot! I'm using the latest version of imame4all and my Kindle Fire HD is running it quite well.

One glitch I noticed is that when I try to run the emulator without the visible on screen controls, it always pops up the settings menu. Not a huge problem, but it means my gameplay is slightly smaller because I have to keep the controls on screen. They are mostly transparent so I don't mind.
mrlukesmith
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Super Nintendo

Postby PMJPlay » Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 am

If you have problems with any rom make sure you all the files you need to run it...enjoy my friend :D
PMJPlay
Curator
Curator

Return to Support with Emulators