Need help with a PSP Emulator

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Need help with a PSP Emulator

Postby Cody2819 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 am

Hi new member here, I have no idea where my problem is coming from so placing this here sorry if it's wrong but a few days ago I discovered my pre-owned PSP had a GBA Emulator called "unofficial gpsp kai gameboy advance" and thanks to a friend I was able to transfur two roms of Pirates Of The Caribbean games (them being Dead Man's Chest and Curse Of The Black Pearl) to play. I started with Curse Of The Black Pearl a few days ago and it was working fine, but yesterday after I completed I think the 4Th level a error suddenly occured.

After the cutscene the gameboy's start up screen (it turns white with the word "Gameboy") and after the logo goes away it would freeze on the white screen, I could open up the options for controls and to load another rom or go back to home but I can no longer play that game as everytime I try the game would cut to the gameboy's start up screen and stay there.

It even does it with a new game I tested and after the opening cutscene the gameboy's start up screen would appear, so after a few hours of playing this error randomly appeared and I can no longer play it. I tested and the rom works perfectly on my PC, with my friend's help I downloaded the http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/getfile.php?file=Li9CSU9TLVN5c3RlbS1Cb290L05pbnRlbmRvL1tOSU5URU5ET10gR0JBIEJpb3Muemlw from here and renamed gba_jap.bin to gba_bios.bin but the error still plays (with a different theme) so as that didn't work readded the old gba_bios.bin.

Now the other rom I got as well as the pre-owner's roms works PERFECTLY, at the moment but they work this is the only rom that's doing this error. Me and my friend thought about replacing the whole emulator by restalling it but in case that doesn't work, does anyone know why this error suddenly started after a few hours of gameplay? The whole after the cutscenes end the Gameboy's white start up screen would appear and then freeze?

I don't understand why it took 4 levels before it appeared or why the other roms are fine, you can look the game up here's a video
Code: Select all
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKpW_y0D_Q[/url]
.....I was starting to have fun a little but this error ruined it, anyways does anyone have a idea why that error occured 4 levels in and now appears with a new game? Only after the cutscenes, confusing why this appeared...again it's on my PSP I use VBAM for my PC and the rom works perfectly there, was perfect on the PSP but now...

Yeah if you can help me out PLEASE do so, at least the other rom I got works OK so far. And if you ask "why not play it on your PC" I prefer to play it on the handheld just feels better. Also my PSP can't read the UMB disks anymore so had to place a ISO in my memory stick, hey I own the game and the law said it's OK if I own said rom/ISO just can't read the UMD disks anymore and the lazer/spinner works so think the UMB drive died or something, saying this if you think it'll help.
Cody2819
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Return to Support with Emulators