Making MESS/MAME work properly (FATALERROR)((can be deleted)

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Making MESS/MAME work properly (FATALERROR)((can be deleted)

Postby linkerman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:53 pm

i have MESS (which, according to what i've read, is the same as MAME) because i want to play Silpheed again. but after tribulation and constant trial and error attempts, i'm still left without any Silpheed to play...

that said, i've been reading the user manual and did exactly what was said but it still doesn't work.

i would like to have help with making MESS recognize the BIOS for the PC88 that i have, since it isn't(obviously). after that i think i'll be able to manage myself to play Silpheed and get that truely old school retro gaming feeling i know and love ^_^ i'm just so... :headbang: right now... its frustrating.

EDIT: i have the correct zip files for Silpheed (thanks to hardcoregaming101) for the PC88, CoCo2&3 and FM77AV as well as the BIOS zip i picked up here (thank you very much) and did like the manual said to...

P.P.S. i have the latest MESS version, which is v0.152 and i would kind of hate having to get an older version dl'd to be able to play Silpheed, but not saying i'm not willing to do it if it is what i need to do to satisfy this retro urge i'm having.

RE-EDIT: i finaly managed to get MESS working but the emulation isn't working it seems.... i guess i'll just use DOSBox instead of MESS to play Silpheed.

3rd Edit: i'm currently getting the source of MESS/MAME... i've been at this for a full day now.... still not getting what i want....

Another Edit: apparently, the PC8801 isn't supported in the MESSv0.152 as of yet.... =_= guess i'll be getting DOSBox to play Silpheed then. which i knew where i could get it....
linkerman
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Return to Support with Emulators