Foon ZX Spectrum emulator for 128k?

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Foon ZX Spectrum emulator for 128k?

Postby robwop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 am

I recently got hold of a Gameboy Advance player for a Gamecube and then got an EZ Flash IV cartridge to play all sorts of emulated games (Gameboy/NES/Gamegear/Spectrum).

The problem is Foon is a wonderful emulator for Spectrum games but only with 48k games. Normally this wouldn't bother me but there are some roms out there that have good quality 128k versions and faulty 48k versions.

Does anyone know if there is a Foon that would work with 128k games?
robwop
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: zx spectrum

Re: Foon ZX Spectrum emulator for 128k?

Postby crustyasp46 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Code: Select all
http://www.gamershell.com/articles/473.html
interview with Strags (developer)....

Strags: Once I'm done with FooN I suspect that I'll release the source, and let others play around with it. I don't know when this will be, however. A lot of people have been asking about 128K support, which is something I don't want to do myself, so perhaps someone else will step up to the plate. I'm currently working on other GBA stuff, but it's all under wraps for now.

Not dated, so don't know current status.

You may want to look here: World of Spectrum - Emulators
FooN version 0.22 by Ben Stragnell (136,554 bytes). [24/09/02] GP32: GPSpeccy version 0.05 by ZardozJones. [30/05 ... This is the first 128K emulator in Java and it also has options to load and save snapshots of the game in memory (thus lost when exiting the emulator)!

Code: Select all
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/emulators.html
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Re: Foon ZX Spectrum emulator for 128k?

Postby robwop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Thank you for the information crustyasp46, the interview was a good read. I will keep looking and trying things out. Its a shame his site is no longer active.
robwop

Fav System: zx spectrum

Return to Support with Emulators