Dreamcast Help

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

Dreamcast Help

Postby whisp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Look i'm not going to lie, just going to come straight out with it.

does anyone have or can supply a how to guide for dummy's for either the DEmul or Null emu's.

i've spent all day today trying to work them out with no joy and added to having 2 kids off school for the easter holidays is not making my life any happier :silent:

so any help would be much appreciated (emulator side, the monster in law can help with the kids :lol: )
whisp
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 45

Fav System: Amiga 1200
Steam ID: whispa76

Re: Dreamcast Help

Postby Kherr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 pm

I've never actually tried to emulate the Dreamcast... That's something I'm gonna have to do because there were some games from the Dreamcast that I thoroughly enjoyed... Lemme get back to you on this...
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Re: Dreamcast Help

Postby whisp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Updated the NullDC emu to 1.0.6 version and got it working now, apart from being able to configure the joypad, going to try xpadder, so fingers crossed :D

1st edit
who's the daddy :lol:

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lWNx4ksfw

done that and i'm on the road again, amazing what i can do when the kids are out my hair :cheers:

2nd edit

found out how to get the VM working too :thumbup:

1. First, open nullDC. Go to options > Select plugins. Under the "Maple" section, make sure the appropriate controller type is selected. For keyboard users select the first option (nullDC controller [WinHook]). For people using real controllers, select the appropriate controller type. Repeat as necessary for ports B-D if you are using multiple controllers.

2. There should be two boxes under the box you were just messing with. In those boxes, select "nullDC VMU". You don't actually need to have that style of keyboard. It will still work perfectly without that exact keyboard model. Click OK.

3. Now that we have inserted our memory cards, they must be formatted and set up. Go to File > Normal boot > No Disk. After a few seconds, the Dreamcast main menu should pop up. Go to File. If nothing is happening, then make sure that you have properly configured your keyboard or controller.

4. You should now see two gameboy-looking things. Select the one on top, and select "Delete All (memory reset). Click yes. Select an icon for your memory card, and click select. Select a color for the memory card and click select. Click yes. You have now configured memory card one! Repeat the steps in this paragraph to set up the other memory card (if you want to).
whisp
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga 1200
Steam ID: whispa76

Return to Support with Emulators