FAQ: Which MegaDrive/Genesis Emulator? [Windows]

Having a problem downloading or using an Emulator. Not sure which Emulator to use. Post your questions here.

FAQ: Which MegaDrive/Genesis Emulator? [Windows]

Postby SE7EN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:05 am

Ones I have personally used and endorse (will play most games at full speed with sufficient hardware) will be marked by an * (asterisk). For more emulators and systems go to: my main thread
==========================================================================

*Gens: A good emulator that is compatible with most games.

*GensPlus!: Based on the Gens emulator, this has support for joystick axes, cheat files, more resolutions, new sounds, graphic filters, and adds in Game Gear + Master System emulation with some optimizations.

*Gens32: Like GensPlus! above, this is based on the Gens emulator, adding in more options.

*Kega Fusion: like Dgen, Kega Fusion focuses on accuracy instead of speed and miscellaneous features. Is able to maintain good speed and compatibility with most games for Sega SG1000, SC3000, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Megadrive, SegaCD/MegaCD and 32X.

-Dgen: An older emulator with good compatibility on lower-spec hardware. This project was abandoned sometime before 2005, with 1.17 being the last version released in 2001. This was picked up by Tamentis in 2008 and is an okay choice for people with low-spec machines.

-GenesisPlus: focuses on accuracy over speed. A great choice if you want compatibility and have the hardware to run it.

-Gens/GS: Is also based on Gens, and is trying to clean up the main source code, while adding in features from the other 'branches'.

-PicoDrive: This emulator is made to be widely available on different systems, and has support for Sega Pico drives too.

-Regen: like DGen and Kega Fusion, this focuses on accuracy over speed, and has compatibility with most games.
SE7EN
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 230
Next LVL Up at : 230

Fav System: Nintendo 64

Re: FAQ: Which Windows MegaDrive/Genesis Emulator?

Postby Kherr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 pm

K-Fusion (or Kega Fusion as it's full name) is the absolute best SEGA emulator because of not only the accuracy that it emulates with, but also because of the sheer amount of systems it can emulate... I personally have only ever used this particular emulator and not once have I even began to think of even coming close to using any other SEGA emulator. That's how good K-Fusion actually is. :3
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Re: FAQ: Which MegaDrive/Genesis Emulator? [Windows]

Postby davros1972 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

how do i download emulator
davros1972
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: sega megadrive

Re: FAQ: Which MegaDrive/Genesis Emulator? [Windows]

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:12 pm

davros1972 wrote:how do i download emulator

Simply browse our emulator section and download the right emulator fir your needs.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Support with Emulators